Job vacancy: Data Platform Manager
Do you want to take the green transition in Denmark to the next level with integrated energy systems?
As our new Data Platform Manager, you will take part in creating a national data platform, using machine learning to identify potential flexibilities across energy systems, and providing the foundation for optimised utilisation of renewable energy through new innovative business models. You will be employed in our newly established research centre in the Danish Triangle Region where you will play an important role in developing the company professionally and culturally.
About the position
The data platform will be a core product for Center Denmark and it will collect large amounts of nationwide data across the three energy systems electricity, water and heating. Using artificial intelligence, the data platform will identify potential flexibilities in terms of ‘virtual energy storage’ and ensure optimum utilisation of existing ‘physical energy storage’.
The data platform will be developed in cooperation with a large national research and development project called Flexible Energy Denmark (FED) and thus also in close collaboration with the four Danish universities AAU, DTU, SDU and AU as well as through interaction with a series of companies and Living Labs.
We offer you an independent position, giving you the opportunity to help realise specific results in close cooperation with the centre’s business partners. Project management, infrastructure and data management, training of AI algorithms, portfolio management including writing applications for new R&D projects will all be part of your daily work. You will be a resource in your own projects, but as the portfolio grows, it may become necessary to expand the organization. You will be an important sparing and collaboration partner to the managing director that will support on the more commercial side with sales and customer relations.
Your areas of responsibility will be
- to establish and develop the national data platform with data from the electricity, water and heating sectors in order to provide Center Denmark’s partners with smart decision signals allowing their applications
- to be included in virtual energy storage to integrate data collection from more and more hardware applications across the energy systems to expand the amount of real time data the machine learning algorithms can be trained upon
- to execute on Center Denmark’s commitments and deliverables to the FED project, including establishing and operating the IT infrastructure and contribute to extending the project portfolio even further
- to develop national and international partnerships, ensuring that Center Denmark’s data platform is constantly pushing the limits of state-of-the-art data management and artificial intelligence
- to establish an ambitious product roadmap for the platform that supports the commercial strategy
- to participate in networks and ensure cross-disciplinary dialogue and knowledge sharing with Center Denmark’s partners.
The right candidate for the position may have the following qualifications:
- You may have several years of experience within the field, or you may be recently qualified; the key is that you have the right professional and technical profile and a mature personality
- You may hold a master’s degree in data science, artificial intelligence, control and automation or in energy technology focusing on data management
- You are experienced within collecting sensor data and hardware-in-the-loop processes
- You may even have Data Lake experience
- You have project management experience, maybe even a project management education/certification, preferably within agile methodologies
- You have a personal drive to create results which make an actual difference to our energy sector and the green transition in general. You must be able to document strong results achieved through your commitment
- You are thriving in collaborating with customers, colleagues and business partners
- You have a commercial mindset supporting translating research results into commercial services, products or features
- It’s not a prerequisite that you speak Danish, but you need to master English at business level. We recommend that foreigners take Danish lessons. Such lessons can be arranged as part of your training.
The recruitment process is handled by Center Denmark Fonden in cooperation with EWII. Applicants will thus receive acknowledgement of receipt of the application from EWII’s HR department.
If you have any questions in relation to the position, please contact Managing Director of Center Denmark Fonden Søren Skov Bording on +45 23 40 86 12. We review applications continuously, so please send us your application as soon as possible.
Center Denmark – Intelligent Energy
Center Denmark is a non-profit organisation working to promote development of digitally integrated energy systems in order to enhance society’s transition to renewable energy sources and reduce environmental impact. Center Denmark contributes to establishing a national framework to promote research, development, testing and demonstration in connection with the transition to a fossil-free green society, building the foundation for a Danish “Silicon Valley” of energy systems.
To start with, your place of work will be Navervej 10, 7000 Fredericia, Denmark. In future, we expect to be moving to new offices in the Triangle Region, possibly in Gudsø, which is located between the cities of Kolding and Fredericia.
For more information about Center Denmark, click here.
Become partner to support and benefit of the digital transformation of our energy sectors
Partners and stakeholders.
In collaboration between TSO’s, DSO’s, utility companies, industry organizations, cluster associations, universities, start-ups, SME’s and large commercial company partners we digitalize the energy sectors for the benefit of society and the green transition.
The location of Center Denmark in the Triangle region in Denmark is not only very central in Denmark but also a hotspot for tech companies within energy and digitalization. In the neighborhood is already Google, Energinet, Ørsted, Skærbækværket, Dansk Fjernvarme, EWII, TVIS, Fredericia Spildevand etc.